"Hope it dont snow Show
This February's meeting started with some discussion on the Rochester Hope it dont
snow show. Congrats to Wayne, Don, Curtis, Winston, Steve J, Scott, Merrill, Mark,
Chris, Dave, and Mike (and Jacques - Ed ;) ) for their placing
models. Apart from the lighting and some difficulty finding the hotel room, the group
agreed that the show went very well.
Chip let us know that the club spent $100 for the initial setup of our t-shirts, $100 on
2008 rent at Fleming Feild, and $50 to Bob Johnsonfor three tables at the upcoming
militaria show. This leaves us with a cool $40 in the bank.
Our new club shirts are now ready to order. All adult sizes from Small - XL cost $25. 2XL
and 3XL are $28. In case you cant see the logo very well in the picture, it is the
silhouette of a WWII German soldier surrounded by text that Mike claims says "Chip
Childs Sucks- MMFS." (Mike's words, not mine.)
One of the big events coming up is Bob Johnson's Militaria show. We rented out 3 tables,
and as I recall there will be 2 regular tables and one tall table.
(Jim will not be on a stool.) The show takes place in St. Paul on the 19th and
20th of April, the weekend after AMPS Nationals. Its a nice way to show off our mad skills
to the public and try to rake in new members. (Once again, no stools for Jim.)
Its also a good excuse to spend the whole weekend building. Here's what we have on
the horizon: (By the way, still no stools for Jim.)
- AMPS National Show in Indiana The biggest armor show in the
nation. It will be held April 10 12.
- Bob Johnsons Militaria Show, St. Paul, MN April 19, 20.
- May 2008 Shep Paines book The story behind the man will be published this
spring. Jim noted that in a sneak-peak of the published text, Shep had been
adamant that he would not sit on a stool when working on a model.
- Tulsa Figure Show June 21st
- Nordicon September 27 the TCAH show that will be held in Fridley this year. With
the bigger venue, they are hoping for more venders. The show may be a display only show.
Bernie should be updating us in the future on how things are going.
Show N Tell
(This month we bring you our new Newsletter
Editor, Kyle Nelson)
We had a pretty good Turnout for finished models this month. Here's
what people brought:
1) A front view of Steve *Jantster's* magnificent E-10 in 1/35th from Trumpeter. Even though its
not finished, its still looking great. Steve noted that he had momentarily sat on a
stool while building this model.
2) The back of Steve's E-10. Its clear that Steve is the Master
of Mud. Whats that? Do I hear a demo in the future
3) This is Merrill's very impressive F-84G Thunderjet from Tamiya. Its
hard to beleive that this is a 1/72nd scale kit- wow!
4) More of Merrill's F-84. Check out those decals!
5) Back of the Thunderjet. Merrill got a Gold medal for this in Rochester
6) My (Kyle Nelson) German officer- still messing around with oil paints.
7) Don's KV-II. Fruil tracks and a PE kit really make a nice addition to
Trumpeter's kit. You gotta love that green, wow.
8) Another angle of Don's Kv-II. Don won a silver... we all think it
deserved gold. Look at the dust buildup around the fenders.
9) The latest fashions straight out of Hollywood : MMFS Polos!
10) Dave's Demo on Airbrushing. Here Dave is demonstrating on an old
11) More of Dave's Demo.
12) An artist's rendition of Mike and Jim deciding who has to sit on a
See you all next month.